Congratulations to all of The Eddy Award winners!!! We look forward to celebrating this event with all of you. Tickets can be purchased here on Brown Paper Tickets!
Teachers that inspire, challenge and support students
- Kindergarten – 3rd Grade: Tina McGlashan, Westlake Elementary School; and Merry Iggulden, Bayview Elementary School
- 4-5th grade: Daniel Bickman, Gault Elementary School
- 6-8th Grade: Laura Lorber, Mission Hill Middle School, Branciforte Middle School and Santa Cruz High School
- 9-12 Grade: Casey Carlson, Soquel High School
Roseann Coonerty Layne Inspiring Teacher Award
Honors a 7-12 English, History, Social Studies or Civics/Government teacher who ignites a passion for learning
- Nancy MIgdall, English teacher, Santa Cruz High School
Unrecognized hardworking staff and parents that make a difference every day
- Classified: Adrianna Barrientos, Translator/Interpreter, District Office
- Community Members: Measure A and B Committee
Honors those who educate about and emulate our green policies
- Natasha Flechsig, Branciforte Middle School
Recognizes those who promote wellness in mind, spirit and body
- Branciforte Small Schools and Principal Steven Hambright/Badri Dass
Recognizes innovation in service of our students
- Jody Lust, writing teacher, Gault Elementary Schools
Community Supporters of the Year
Acknowledges the tremendous gift of community support for our schools
School of the Year
Recognizes the outstanding results of a collaborative community in service of students
- Soquel High School and Principal Gail Atlanski
Special Foundation Awards
Recognizes exemplary teachers, volunteers and programs
- Matt Schutz, Chemistry teacher, Harbor High School
- Mark Mathew, Volunteer, Santa Cruz County Office of Education
- Dos Alas, Dual Immersion Program, DeLaveaga Elementary School
The Santa Cruz Education Foundation works to ensure that every one of the 7,000 Santa Cruz City Schools students at our 10 campuses, in kindergarten through high school, has an outstanding educational experience.
We believe that every child deserves an excellent neighborhood school.
The Santa Cruz Education Foundation (SCEF) supports our schools through advocacy, outreach and fundraising.
Your contributions to support our schools are appreciated.
WALL OF LOVE
Our fundraising helps bring programs to the schools that normally would not be available without our help. Please join us in our efforts by picking a heart and donating through our Wall of Love!
GOLD LEVEL SUPPORTERS
Bronze Level Supporters
David Morrell – C21 M&M and Associates
Eidam Properties (Sunny Cove Motel)
George H Wilson, Inc.
Pacific Edge Climbing Gym
Shopper’s Corner Market
SSA Landscape Architects, Inc
Sutter Health Palo Alto Medical Foundation