Dear Families and Friends of Santa Cruz City Schools,
The Santa Cruz Education Foundation is here to help. We believe every child should have a great neighborhood school. That’s why in the last decade, we have raised over one million dollars from our community to support treasured programs in our schools.
Your contributions to the Santa Cruz Education Foundation help us make sure that each of our schools is a vibrant place for learning. We focus on programs that reach across the district with benefits for all 7,000 students, in transitional kindergarten through high school. Your donation supports the following individual schools: Bay View, DeLaveaga, Gault, and Westlake Elementary Schools; Branciforte and Mission Hill Middle Schools; Harbor, Santa Cruz and Soquel High Schools; Branciforte Small Schools and Delta Charter School. Here’s how your donations helped students last year:
- Helped ensure that every 5th grade child attended Outdoor Science School, providing the opportunity to spend 4 days experiencing hands-on science;
- Helped provide access to the highly successful academic AVID program for students at every middle and high school to prepare and support underrepresented students for college—100% of AVID seniors graduate and 87% of AVID students are accepted to four-year colleges;
- Provided funding to ensure all elementary schools and partner agencies participate in Playworks, which increases students’ physical activity during the school day, promotes positive, inclusive play and teaches conflict resolution.
- Launched Kidpower workshops which offer free safety training for parents and their children in Santa Cruz elementary schools.
- Provided supplemental grants for Middle School and High School VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts).
- Awarded Spring Grants to Elementary, Middle and High Schools in our District to further the work of their Parent/Teacher organizations.
The Foundation also supports your schools through advocacy and outreach. We share the stories of our schools in the press and The Eddy: Currents in Santa Cruz Education, reaching over 10,000 subscribers, and we honor our staff every year at the Eddy Awards.
Together, we can give our students a great public education. You may also donate online www.sceducation.org. With your (fully tax-deductible) contribution to the Santa Cruz Education Foundation, you will support this work and help us do even more for children and our schools. A donation of $50 per child is suggested but every little amount really counts and is appreciated. Thank you for supporting great neighborhood schools!
Lacie Gray, President